4.14.2011

Friends.


Yesterday morning I was having a bit of a rough day. Just down in the dumps for not any real reason, so I called this girl and asked if she wanted to spend some time together. I am always thankful when I see her, she lifts my spirits and makes the rest of the world seem insignificant.

We've been friends since 9th grade but drifted apart when I became pregnant. She missed Penelope's baby shower, her birth, and our wedding, but honestly life was going too good for me to be angry at her for it. I knew she had problems with depression in high school and she would withdraw herself sometimes. She just met Penelope for the first time a couple weeks ago and once we started hanging out we fell back into place with one another. She's doing better than ever and now an extremely reliable friend. We just click, we always have. I am so thankful for Stef.


We hungout at her house last night and I am in love with it! It has so many windows and these beautiful ceilings. It's so old with all that charm. I wish she could stay in it and really fix it up, but the walls are literally falling off the foundation, so there is no point in putting money into fixing up the kitchen and big projects. Her house is full of family treasures and garage sale finds with her art work scattered about. It's basically how my house would look if Bruce didn't have a say in things. I adore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment